Learn to Ferment Vegetables in Bulk
What you will learn
Fermenting is one of the simplest ways to preserve food! With the price of food going up enormously I want to show you how you can make the most of a good vegetable sale!
If you see carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, beetroots etc discounted but still very fresh and you need to make the most from that sale then let me show you how to turn those nutritious vegetables into probiotically rich food that will last you a year.
In this class we will focus only on fermenting vegetables. I will start with a brief introduction into what fermenting is, what it does and why it works. Then we’ll get straight into cutting, grating and packing jars full of vegetables.
I want to make this class very affordable for the people who need it most.
In order to make this class affordable I need you to do most of the work. I will teach you how. You will bring all necessary tools and all ingredients.
What I need you to bring:
- Grater (Asian mandolin found in Asian stores, it’s made from orange plastic, has only one cutting tool and should cost no more than $9).
- Large chopping board
- Two 1L jars with a wide opening . Moccona jars are perfect but any jar will do.
- Very small jars that fit easily inside the large jars you bring. If you need jars, place a call out on facebook.
- Bring vegetables of your choice: carrot, beetroot, cabbage, cauliflower, spring onions, corn, green beans.
- Garlic, bring a generous amount. This is a very important ingredient hence pack this first.
- Bring spices of your choice: chilli, Korean chilli, ginger, fennel, cumin, dill seeds, peppercorns, parsley etc. Do you want an Asian or a European flavour?
- Salt. Don’t forget the salt…and an apron too.
Ok now you are ready!
I will provide drinks and snacks for us to enjoy. See you soon! Arrivederci! Mara
I am extremely sorry to say that it’s not possible to give refunds once payment is made, nor to change your booking to a different date or different class, regardless of reason, or lead up time. You can however sell your ticket to another.
We look forward to meeting you! Much huge care and all the very best, from Mara.