Private Tours of ORTO Permaculture Farm
What you will learn
We give private tours of our permaculture farm to couples and groups (up to 25) . The ticket price, allows entry for 2 people, hence you only need one ticket for 2 people.
Two tickets are needed if 3-4 people.
Three tickets are needed if 5-6 people
Four tickets are needed if 7-8 people and so on… because each ticket allows entry to a maximum of two people.
Children (19 & below) can enter for free.
Tour runs for 1.5hrs and is delivered at a time negotiated with you between 11am and 3pm most days of the week.
BUT 🙂 be sure to get in touch with me first to negotiate a date and time for your tour BEFORE you purchase tickets on this website 🙂 thank youuu heaps and….
This tour is perfect for anyone who wants to build a passive solar home & permaculture garden. Ask us questions about:
- Adobe building, Lightearth, Strawbale, Rammed Earth, Cobb,
- Wetland design and how it differs from building a dam
- How to use aquatic plants for biodiversity
- How to use a greenhouse to passively heat your home
- Establishing and maintaining a fruit orchard
- Establishing and maintaining a berry orchard
- Plant selection and nurseries
- Wild life corridors and accessing trees for revegetation
- Shrubs, trees, wildflowers and indigenous grasses
- Establishing a herbaceous perennial garden
- Keeping chickens and heritage hens
- Creating cool microclimates through the use of plants
- Planting paddocks to create wind protection and shade for pasture raised animals
- Keeping pigs and selling meat all the logistics and rules and what you don’t know you don’t know…
- Water treatment -grey water
- Irrigation options & what you will need
- How to manage weeds
- Passive Solar Design
- high performing double glazed windows
- food preserving, storage and passively cooled larders
If you have a passion for naturally leavened bread baking, fermenting, food preserving or charcuterie then we can discuss these too!
I look forward to meeting you! I love giving tours!
I am extremely sorry to say that it’s not possible to give refunds once payment is made, nor to change your booking to a different date or different class, regardless of reason, or lead up time. You can however sell your ticket to another.
We look forward to meeting you! Much huge care and all the very best, from Mara.