Learn to make your own delicious sourdough bread loaf to take home.
We will also make flat bread to have for a shared lunch.
Bring a vegetarian filling to share (zero disposable packaging)
Enjoy sample bread tastings.
“I really love baking bread and I really love teaching’
What To Bring
- Small jar to take leaven home
- An apron
- Two tea towels
- Lots of questions
What you can anticipate
- How to make your own leaven at home.
- Bakers %
- How to create your own recipes
- Use our recipe to create a bread you can take home
- How & when to add special ingredients to your dough
- The importance of gluten development in free form loaves
- No knead to minimal knead for tin loaves
- Methods for slowing down and speeding up fermentation
- How to make flat bread
I will provide
- A digital handout with important details about naturally leavened bread
- A one page handout with the recipe we will use on the day
- All tools: tins, cutters, spatulas, flour, leaven, scales.
Chestnut Bread with polenta skin.
Every flour produces a different taste, crumb and texture
Nigella sativa coated sourdough.
Wholemeal/white with rye leaven.
Rosemary, garlic and onion sourdough.
Semi dried tomato, fennel, garlic, sprouted mung bean sourdough.